T-Shirt Design Contest
The Wakefield 4th of July parade committee needs you!!!
Tee Shirt Design Contest
Are you an art student looking to add to your portfolio? Do you love art supplies and want some extra cash to purchase them? Then look no further than this flyer!
The WIDC needs you to help us design our 2018 tee shirts!
Starts: Monday November 20, 2017 at 12:00am
Deadline: Friday January 5, 2018 11:59pm
Open to: High school students in grades 9-12
Theme: The 4th of July
Colors: Red and Blue on a white shirt, must include “2018”
Format: High resolution digital vector file, (.AI, or .PDF)
Submit entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org*
Winners: Announced at our January BBQ on January 27, 2018**
Prizes: 1st Prize – $100 gift card to Arts & Craftsman Supply and a tee shirt with your design on it
2nd Prize – $50 gift card to Arts & Craftsman Supply
3rd Prize – $25 gift card to Arts & Craftsman Supply
* Please include acknowledgement that you have read and agree to the rules with your entry.
**The top three winners will be announced before the BBQ, but the places will be announced at the BBQ. The winning design becomes property of the Wakefield Independence Day Committee and can be used for any marketing the WIDC sees fit.
Official Contest Rules
I have read the OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES for the Wakefield Independence Day Committee (WIDC) T-Shirt Design contest and I agree to all the rules and regulations of the contest as outlined below:
- The contest is open to all currently enrolled high school students (grades 9-12) in Wakefield, MA and surrounding towns.
- All entries must be original creations of the contestant and incorporate the theme of the 4th of July into the design. The creation must never have been published, and does not contain profanity, trademarks, logos, or copyrighted works of any other person or business.
- There are three (3) prizes available. First (1st) prize: $100 gift card to Arts & Craftsman Supply and a tee shirt with your design on it; Second (2nd) Prize – $50 gift card to Arts & Craftsman Supply; Third (3rd) Prize – $25 gift card to Arts & Craftsman Supply.
- The winning design will remain the property of the Wakefield Independence Day Committee, and will not be returned to you. The WIDC may use the winning design at any time after the contest. The winning designer may display their own design in a portfolio or personal collection, but may not sell or reproduce the design for any other purpose once submitted to the contest.
- The top five (5) entries will be picked via the WIDC Facebook page. The top three (3) winners will be chosen by the WIDC tee-shirt design committee members. The top three (3) winners will be notified by January 20, 2018 with the final placings being announced on January 27th, 2018 at the WIDC annual January BBQ.
- The contest begins on November 20, 2017.
- The entries must be received online by January 5th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST. Entries can be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- FORM OF ENTRIES:
- The entry should be accompanied by your name and contact information. But not included IN the actual design.
- Acknowledgement that the contestant has read and agrees to the rules must be included with the entry. Either a signed copy of this form or a written statement within the email should be included.
- The entry must be done in a digital format, large enough to fit on a tee shirt. The entry may be any of the following art file formats: .AI, or .PDF. (roughly 8”x11” or similar dimensions). Hand drawn entries are acceptable if they can be submitted electronically.
- The colors red and blue should be incorporated in the design with the design intended for use on a white t-shirt.
- We reserve the right to pick one entry, more than one entry, or no entries as the winning entry.
- The Board of Directors of the WIDC reserves the right to terminate this contest at any time, effective on the date of issuing the termination notice, and we are under no obligation to give notice prior to the date of termination.
- You agree that if you submit an entry, you will sign an assignment and release form prepared by us acknowledging your acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules including that the winning design is the property of the WIDC.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
Acknowledgement and Assignment
I am submitting a contest entry with this form, and I hereby assign any and all rights in the intellectual property of this entry to the Wakefield Independence Day Committee. I agree that the entry I submit becomes your property and that the entry will not be returned to me.
I state that this entry is my own original creation and that I did not copy anyone else’s work in creating this contest entry. I agree that if I have copied anyone else’s work in preparing this entry, and if I win this contest, I will pay back the award to you and will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Wakefield Independence Day Committee and their respective officers, directors, and agents against and from any loss, debt, liability, damage, obligation, claim, demand, judgment or settlement of any nature or kind, known or unknown, liquidated or unliquidated, including without limitation, all reasonable costs and expenses incurred including all reasonable litigation costs and attorneys’ fees arising out of or relating to claims, complaint, action, proceeding or suit of a third party, that arise or relate in whole or part to the contestant’s entry.
I agree that if I win the contest, I authorize the use by you, without additional compensation, of my name and likeness or photograph for promotional purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation the Internet, written or email communications, brochures, videos, slides, radio, television, film) that you deem appropriate.
Only ONE entry per student.
I agree that if I win this contest, the prizes outlined in the rules are fair and adequate compensation for my contest entry.