July 4, 2016 The Magic Begins Again!
The Parade Begins at 5pm on July 4th!
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
You can donate online now by clicking the button below
The Fourth of July Parade begins at 5:00 p.m. and will step-off at North Ave., in front of Lakeside Office Park, continue to Church St., where it will then take a right onto Common St, and continue to Main St. The end of the parade is at the Galvin Middle School.
Tips & General Information
- Bring cold drinks, hats and sunscreen. Parade vendors will be located at Vet’s Field, in front of the Library, and near the Rockery on the Upper Common all wearing Purple shirts!
- Pets should be left at home.
- First Aid will be available from emergency medical crews stationed along the parade route.
Rules and Regulations
Everyone should read the Rules and Regulations set forth by the Fourth of July Committee, as well as the Tips and General Information to ensure a safe and happy environment for all.
- DO NOT enter the parade route for any reason and please keep a close watch on your children. Do not allow your children onto the parade route.
- Please do not put chairs in front of the Civic Center. This is where the parade review stand is located. Any chairs placed in front of the Civic Center will be moved.
- Please be respectful of private property along the parade route. Do not place your chairs/blankets on private lawns or driveways.
- Fireworks, Silly String, "Poppers", streamers, waterguns, and projectiles of any kind are prohibited.
- Drones are not allowed for July 4th Festivities per order of the Wakefield Police Department.
- Soliciting along the parade route is illegal unless a license has been obtained from the Fourth of July Committee. Authorized parade vendors will be identifiable by a purple “parade vendor” t-shirt.
Parking is basically anywhere you can find it. Avoid the Lakeside Office Park, as the parade forms there and participants will be parking there. Also, the Galvin Middle School parking lots will not be available as that is where parade participants will congregate at the parade end. If you are parking on residential streets, please be sure to avoid blocking driveways. Police will ticket and tow.
Various surrounding streets will be closed beginning at 4:15 p.m. including North Ave., Church Street, Common Street and Main Street. Quannapowitt Parkway will also be closed to non-essential traffic on July 4th.
Our Parade Day partners the West Side Social Club have announced their schedule for other acxtivites on Parade Day. It is below.